There are many amazing Florida beaches, on both coasts. Whilst we prefer the Gulf Coast, because it is generally a little warmer, and has great sea shell collections, the Atlantic Coast has lots to offer also. Here are some of our favorite, best Florida beaches, all within easy reach of our Bahama Bay Resort condo.
Clearwater, Florida beaches
- Just over an hour to the West from Bahama Bay Resort and Spa, just past Tampa
- There are a number of excellent Florida beaches to choose from, including:
- Clearwater Beach has not only a great beach but also a great festival atmosphere on Pier 60 where before and after sunset, you will find jugglers, fire breathers and all manner of street performers amid artisans selling their wares
- Sand Key Park
- Honeymoon Island
- you can also take a ferry boat to Caladesi Island State Park, a nature reserve not reachable by road. The beauty of the island’s beaches and the fantastic sea shells make it worth your while. Its pristine state and gentle waves led to it being named Best Beach in the U.S. in 2008. It’s definitely one of the best Florida beaches! Just ranked #7 in the 2017 US Best Beaches.
- The seashells you can collect on these Florida beaches take some beating! See this great VisitFlorida.com guide to seashells.
- You can also see Winter the dolphin, made famous in the movie Dolphin Tale, at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium
St. Petersburg, Florida beaches
- Also just past Tampa, St. Pete’s has many great Florida beaches, including:
- Treasure Island — yes, there really is a place called Treasure Island!
Sarasota, Florida beaches
- A little further to the South than Clearwater, less than 2 hours away
- Siesta Key, just ranked as #1 US Best Beach 2017
- Anna Maria Island, with 7 miles of white Gulf Coast sand
- Lido Key
- Just over an hour to the East, and right next to Cape Canaveral and the Kennedy Space Centre, Cocoa Beach offers not just a great beach, and great surfing, but where else can you frolic in the surf and watch a rocket launch?! You can catch SpaceX, Orbital, Delta and Atlas rocket launches nearly every month from the shores along Cocoa Beach. Also home to the largest surf shop in the world, Ron Jon Surf Shop
- Check out this YouTube video of a rocket launch seen from Cocoa Beach
- Near to Fort Myers, this is about 3 hours from Bahama Bay
- You can reach the Florida Keys in about 4 hours, and it will take almost 7 hours to get as far as Key West
Book with us now